Whether you are buying or selling, we at Winston Dunn have the experience, relationships, and compassion to guide you through the process. Ron Lieberman, Founder of Winston Dunn has been working as a consultant in the insurance industry since 1993, and has developed strategic partnerships with thousands of principals of insurance brokerages and agencies on a national level.
The following are what we've identified as the most common components of a new partnership:
• Post Acquisition Role Definition of partners and key employees
• Culture of both the buyer and seller
• Personalities, Values and Experience of the firms' Core Leadership
• Brand and Culture sustainability
• Cross-solicitation opportunities
• Identification of dual entity Markets, Resources, Programs, and Specializations
• Capital that can be infused to accelerate growth post-acquisition
• Capabilities that will enable you to participate in regional or national growth
If you are an agency owner who is looking to buy, then our services provided to you are on a contingency basis. The only time a fee would be earned is after the successful completion of an acquisition. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about our pricing structure, terms and conditions.
Advantages for buyers that use Winston Dunn:
• No retainers. Fees are paid upon purchasing of an agency / brokerage
• Decades of insurance industry knowledge working in conjunction with leaders
• Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale environments
• Relationships with thousands of owners of independently held agencies and brokers throughout the country
• Typically the owners we work with are not working with any of the national M&A consultancy organizations
• Our sweet spot is agencies with revenues from 500k to 10 million
• Prior to introducing an owner to you we have already identified the culture, role and environment they seek
• Knowing your business and growth strategy enable us to present only those agencies & brokerage that meet your criteria
• Expedience, yet patience for your time constraints
• Passion about our shared venture
• Integrity, honesty, confidence, knowledgeable, respectful, strong work ethic, passion and pride are traits that you will find exists amongst our consultants Whether it is through M&A or organic activity, the professionals at Winston Dunn are here to help you achieve your growth initiatives.
If you are an agency owner who is considering selling your business, then our services to you are free and confidential. We understand that this process is about you, your people, your agency, and most importantly, not about us. We at Winston Dunn understand the sensitivity entailed in this process and will never release your name or the name of your company without your consent. We recognize that it is Your clarity that is of the utmost importance. With that said, we will always openly share the names of the principals and entities that we are working with on the buyer side. We pledge to take the time to understand the issues that are the most critical to you in seeking a new partner. Our interests lie in your ideal culture, role and the types of resources that need to be in place. Understanding these critical and sensitive issues enables us to identify and select partners that will meet your criteria. Although price and terms are extremely important, most buyers are generally in the same ballpark. The majority of independent owners who we have spoken to over the years often share with us criteria that is essential in a new relationship providing that price and terms are at or above market level.
The Winston Dunn Advantage to sellers that trust in us:
• No cost to you
• Full disclosure of the buyers that we work with
• Courtship by multiple suitors
• Experienced team that has engaged in thousands of conversations with agency owners like you across the country
• Buyers that range from small independents to globally publically traded firms
• A deep understanding of your industry niche
• Knowledge of which buyers would consider your firm a strategic play
• We work on a contingency basis with our buyers which enables us to introduce you to more than one entity
• We are nimble, yet we can move at whatever pace works best for you
• Provide timely and accurate feedback throughout the process
• We have an understanding that your views, priorities and goals are subject to change during the process
• Assist you in identifying buyers that can structure acquisitions for your current and future value creation
• Ability to provide you with buyers who utilize earn-outs tied to pro forma adjustments
• Many of our buyers will create an environment that will enable you to maintain most of your operating autonomy
The consultants at Winston Dunn Inc. are focused solely on the retail and wholesale insurance agency and brokerage communities. It is this focus that enables us to obtain and share critical industry knowledge which is vital for you to make clear decisions throughout this process.